By David Martinez / dmboxing.com
I thank everyone that has contacted me with fan mail input. It’s a good feeling to be appreciated and respected.
In the past few years the three most asked questions have been: Who is the greatest boxer of all time? (Answer: Sugar Ray Robinson) Who would win between Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson? (Answer: Ali) Who are the best prospects in boxing today? (Answer: Oleksandr Gvozdyk and Eddie Ramirez).
But as of late, most write in asking (and with their opinions): Who are the best pound for pound?
So to answer, here is my dynamite dozen (12) best of the today, as of April 17, 2017:
1) Gennady Golovkin (37-0 / 34 by KO) Middleweight
2) Andre Ward (31-0 / 15 by KO) Light Heavyweight
3) Vasyl Lomachenko (8-1 / 6 by KO) Super Featherweight
4) Roman Gonzalez 46-1 / 38 by KO) Super Flyweight
5) Sergy Kovalev (31-1-1 / 26 by KO) Light Heavyweight
6) Terence Crawford (30-0 / 21 by KO) Super Lightweight
7) Canelo Alvarez (48-1-1 / 34 by KO) Middleweight
8) Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0 / 11 by KO) Super Bantamweight
9) Mickey Garcia (36-0 / 30 by KO) Lightweight
10) Shinsuke Yamanaka (26-0-2 / 18 by KO) Bantamweight
11) Keith Thurman (28-0 / 22 by KO) Welterweight
12) Naoya Inoue (12-0 / 10 by KO) Super Flyweight
Honorable Mention (in order) are: Leo Santa Cruz, Manny Pacquiao, Carlos Cuadras, Daniel Jacobs, Donnie Nietes, Erislandy Lara.
I know you have many choices in boxing. Thank you so much for making dmboxing.com one of them!