I have always been intrigued with boxing trivia. This started when I was a young boy in 1961. I would pick the minds of the older generation and ask questions about their era to expand my knowledge. Now I am delighted to bring on my website boxing RING TRIVIA to you on a quarterly basis. Five questions appear in March, June, September, and December – with the answers to follow at the end of each month for viewing.
1) Who was the last opponent Muhammad Ali fought before he was stripped of his heavyweight title in 1967?
2) What middleweight boxer has fought the most championship rounds in his career?
3) Who sang “America the Beautiful” prior to Roberto Duran vs. Sugar Ray Leonard (2nd fight) welterweight championship on November 25, 1980 at the Superdome in New Orleans?
4) What gold medalist was voted the most outstanding boxer in the 1976 Olympics?
5) Who’s son did Muhammad Ali buy a ringside ticket for to attend his (2nd fight) bout with Jerry Quarry in Las Vegas, June 27, 1972?