I have always been intrigued with boxing trivia. This started when I was a young boy in 1961. I would pick the minds of the older generation and ask questions about their era to expand my knowledge. Now I am delighted to bring boxing trivia to you on a quarterly basis on my website. Five questions appear in March, June, September, and December – with the answers to follow for viewing by the end of each posting month.
1) In 1921, the National Boxing Association was established. It is the predecessor to what is known today as?
a) WBA ~ CORRECT ANSWER
2) The nickname of Riddick Bowe is?
a) Big Boy
b) Big Daddy ~ CORRECET ANSWER
c) Big Dipper
d) Big Show
3) At an early age, former lightweight champion Beau Jack was?
a) cotton picker
b) railroad porter
c) house servant
d) shoe shine boy ~ CORRECT ANSWER
4) Who was the first world champion from Puerto Rico?
a) Jose Torres
b) Edwin Rosario
c) Carlos Ortiz
d) Sixto Escobar ~ CORRECT ANSWER
5) Sugar Ray Robinson used a right hand to the body slightly turning it over and pushing downward – was called?
a) the twister
b) the compass
c) the candy cane ~ CORRECT ANSWER
d) the watermelon