I have always been intrigued with boxing trivia. This began back when I was a kid in 1961. I would pick the minds of the older generation and ask them questions about their era to educate myself. It’s now my pleasure to bring boxing trivia to my website for everyone. On a quarterly basis I post five (5) multiple choice questions – March, June, September, and December – with the correct answers to follow by the end of each posting month for viewing.
1) On December 14, 1978 Randy Shields fought David Madrid and won their welterweight bout TKO stoppage in round four, was because Madrid suffered a broken?
2) The referee for the first round knockout Mike Tyson win over Michael Spinks was?
a) Mills Lane
b) Larry Hazzard
c) Richard Steele
d) Frank Cappuccino
3) Oscar De La Hoya launched Golden Boy Promotions in the year?
4) The term “Rabbit Punch” means?
a) a punch thrown below the belt
b) a punch thrown to the kidney
c) a punch thrown to backside of head
d) a punch thrown to the arms
5) In 1971, top welterweight contender Armando Muniz briefly taught at Cal State Los Angeles, in what subject?
b) Physical Education
d) Hispanic Studies