by Bob Quackenbush / dmboxing.com Though boxing was the sport that put the Olympic Auditorium on the map, legions of young fans in the 1950’s, 60’s, and 70’s remember this place as the hallowed ground of Championship Wrestling. Throughout the 1930’s, matches were held there regularly; but with the growth of television, later wrestlers [...]
- Phyllis on What Next For Boxing?
- admin on FROM THE DESK OF … David Martinez / Boxing Historian
- Warren Robinson on FROM THE DESK OF … David Martinez / Boxing Historian
- Phyllis on In Rusty’s Corner
- Bob Quackenbush on The Olympic Auditorium: A Look Back at a Grand Venue (Part 2 of 2)
TagsAli Archie Moore Bernard Hopkins boxing boxing calendars boxing girls boxing hats boxing history boxing news boxing t-shirts boxing trivia calendars California Boxing David Martinez dmboxing hats DMBoxing News ezzard charles featured Fight Calendars hats Heavyweights History Jerry Quarry jersey joe walcott Jim Amato Joe Frazier Manny Pacquiao Muhammad Ali News obit obituary pacquiao recent fights Rick Farris rocky marciano Rusty Rubin schedules sports Sugar Ray Leonard t-shirt t-shirts Tom Donelson Trivia upcoming fights vitali klitschko