I have always been intrigued with boxing trivia. This began when I was a young boy in 1961. I would pick the minds of the older generation and ask questions about their era to learn and expand my knowledge in boxing. I am delighted to now bring boxing trivia to my website to everyone. On a quarterly basis I post five multiple choice questions – in March, June, September, and December – with the correct answers to follow by the end of each posting month for viewing.
(1) What fighter beat Chris Eubanks and Nigel Benn, both fighters twice, in his professional career?
a) Herol Graham
b) Sumbu Kalamby
c) Reggie Johnson
d) Steve Collins – is CORRECT ANSWER
(2) Who did the late boxing historian, editor, publisher, and founder of Ring magazine, Nat Fleischer, rank the greatest flyweight boxer of all time?
a) Jimmy Wilde – is CORRECT ANSWER
b) Pancho Villa
c) Pascual Perez
d) Benny Lynch
(3) Who is the only boxer that fought both Rocky Marciano and Muhammad Ali during his career?
a) Floyd Patterson
b) Sonny Liston
c) Archie Moore – is CORRECT ANSWER
d) Henry Cooper
(4) Which one of these heavyweight champions engaged in the most title bouts?
a) Tommy Burns – is CORRECT ANSWER
b) Jack Johnson
c) John L. Sullivan
d) James Corbett
(5) Former world bantamweight champion Vic Toweel’s birth place was which country?
d) South Africa – is CORRECT ANSWER